April 4, 2015
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/rna-cs.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/vision_wp/template_inc/loop-index.php on line 217
1. The Companies (Acceptance of Deposits) Amendment Rules, 2015: In exercise of the powers conferred by Sections 73 and 76 read with sub-section (l) of section 469 of the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013), the Central Government has made the following rules further to amend the Companies (Acceptance of Deposits) Rules, 20 I 4., with effect from 31st March, 2015 namely:- (l) These rules may be called the Companies (Acceptance of Deposits) Amendment Rules, 2015. In the Companies (Acceptance of Deposits) Rules, 2014.- (l) in rule 2, in sub-rule (l), in clause (c), - (a) in sub-clause (vii), in Explanation (a), the following proviso shall be inserted, namely:- "Provided that unless otherwise required under the Companies Act, 1956 (l of 1956) or the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 (15 of 1992) or rules or regulations made there under to allot any share, stock, bond, or debenture within a specified period, if a company receives any amount by way of subscriptions to any shares, stock, bonds or debentures before the 1st April,2014 and disclosed in the balance sheet for the financial year ending on or before the 31st March,2014 against which the allotment is pending on the 3lst March,2015, the company shall, by the 1st June 2015, either return such amounts to the persons from whom these were received or allot shares, stock, bonds or debentures or comply with these rules." There are few more amendments which are specified in the rules. 2. Amount received by private companies from their members, directors or their relatives before lst April, 2014 MCA has through its General Circular No. 05/2015 dated March 30, 2015 clarified that the amounts received from Members, Directors or their relatives in the private Companies shall not be treated as ‘deposits’ under the Companies Act,2013 and Companies (Acceptance of Deposits) Rules, 2014 so long as the relevant Private Company discloses, in the notes to its financial statement for the financial year commencing on or after 1st April, 2014 the figure of such amounts and the accounting head in which such amounts have been shown in the fi nancial statement. Any renewal or acceptance of fresh deposits on or after 1st April, 2014 shall, however, be in accordance with the provisions of Companies Act, 20 13 and rules made thereunder. 3. The Companies (Management and Administration) Amendment Rules, 2015: In exercise of the powers conferred under Section 108 read with sub-section (1) & (2) of section 469 of the Companies Act, 2013, the Central Government has made the following changes to Rule 20 to amend the Companies (Management and Administration) Rules, 2014 on 19th March, 2015. Some of the major changes are listed below:
- The amended rules pertaining to Electronic Voting shall apply in respect of the general meetings for which notices are issued on or after the dale of commencement of this rule.
- Every company other than a company referred to in Chapter XB or Chapter XC of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (issue of Capital and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations' 2009 having its equity shares listed on a recognised stock exchange or a company having not less than one thousand members, shall provide to its members facility to exercise their right to vote on resolutions proposed to be considercd at general meetings by electronic means'
- Definitions of jargons like agency, cutoff date, cyber security, electronic voting system, secured system, etc., have been defined clearly.
- The notice of the meeting shall be sent to all the members, Directors and Auditors of the Company only by a registered post, speed post, courier or through electronic means to the registered e-mail ID of the recipient.
- The Notice shall be placed on the website of the Company.
- The notice should also clearly state that, the facility for voting, either through electronic voting system or ballot or polling paper shall also be made available at the meeting and members attending the meeting who have not already cast their vote by remote e-voting shall be able to exercise their right at the meeting;
- The Notice shall state the process of login and voting through electronic means.
- The Notice shall also state the website address of the Company where notice of the meeting is displayed and the Name, designation, address, email-id and phone number of the person for addressing the grievances.
- The facility of e-voting shall be open for not less than 3 days and shall close at 5.00 P.M. of preceding day of the meeting and thereafter shall be blocked.
- The Board of Directors shall appoint a Scrutinizer who shall be a Practicing CA, CS, CWA or an Advocate who is not in employment of the Company and who can conduct the process in a fair and transparent manner. However, before such appointment the Scrutinizer should be willing to get appointed and to conduct the e-voting process.
- The procedure to be followed by Scrutinizer has been specified.
- In Rule 8 dealing with the powers of the Board the Item numbers (3), (5), (6), (7), (8) & (9) and the entries relating thereto are omitted.
- In proviso of Rule 10 dealing with the Loans to Directors for the word “Principle” is substitutes with the word “Principal”.
- As per Rule 5(3), if there is a Company Secretary appointed in the company he shall be deemed to be an authorized person to sign the Share Certificate and affix the seal. – This provision has been omitted.
- Listed Company can provide Duplicate Share Certificates within 45 days (earlier 15 days) of receipt of all the relevant documents (Rule 6(c)).
- The word employee as defined in rule 12 now does not include the employee of an Associate Company.
- Rule 13 has been amended to an affect that, if the Company makes any preferential allotment to the Existing members, the Company is not required to issue an offer letter in PAS – 4 and need not file the same along with PAS – 5 in GNL -2.
- As per amended rules, the Company can now create a pledge on moveable properties in favour of the Debenture trustee. Further, if any company issues any debentures whose payment is guaranteed by the Central government or State Government or by both, then creation of charge on assets do not apply.
- Company can create charge on the assets of the holding Company for the loan taken by the Subsidiary Company.
- As per the amended rules the Trust Deed should be executed within 3 months of closure of issue or offer, rather than within 60 days of allotment.
- Nothing in the rules shall apply if the Company issues any Commercial paper or any other instruments issued as per RBI guidelines.