- to make calls on shareholders in respect of money unpaid on their shares;
- to authorise buy-back of securities under section 68;
- to issue securities, including debentures, whether in or outside India;
- to borrow monies;
- to invest the funds of the company;
- to grant loans or give guarantee or provide security in respect of loans;
- to approve financial statement and the Board's report;
- to diversify the business of the company;
- to approve amalgamation, merger or reconstruction;
- to take over a company or acquire a controlling or substantial stake in another company;
- to make political contributions;
- to appoint or remove Key Managerial Personnel (KMP);
- to appoint internal auditors and secretarial auditor;
- to sell, lease or otherwise dispose of the whole or substantially the whole of the undertaking of the company or where the company owns more than one undertaking, of the whole or substantially the whole of any of such undertakings.The expression “undertaking” here means an undertaking in which the investment of the company exceeds twenty per cent. of its net worth as per the audited balance sheet of the preceding financial year or an undertaking which generates 20% of the total income of the company during the previous financial year.
The expression “substantially the whole of the undertaking” in any financial year means 20% or more of the value of the undertaking as per the audited balance sheet of the preceding financial year.
This clause shall not apply to:
- the title of a buyer or other person who buys or takes on lease any property, investment or undertaking as is referred to in that clause, in good faith; or
- the sale or lease of any property of the company where the ordinary business of the company consists of, or comprises, such selling or leasing.
- to invest otherwise in trust securities the amount of compensation received by it as a result of any merger or amalgamation
- to borrow money, where the money to be borrowed, together with the money already borrowed by the company will exceed aggregate of its paid-up share capital and free reserves, apart from temporary loans obtained from the company’s bankers in the ordinary course of businessThe expression “temporary loans” here means loans repayable on demand or within six months from the date of the loan such as short-term, cash credit arrangements, the discounting of bills and the issue of other short-term loans of a seasonal character, but does not include loans raised for the purpose of financial expenditure of a capital nature. Every special resolution passed by the company in this clause has to specify the total amount upto which monies may be borrowed by the Board of Directors.
- to remit, or give time for the repayment of, any debt due from a director.
Disclaimer: The entire contents of this document have been developed on the basis of relevant information and are purely the views of the authors. Though the authors have made utmost efforts to provide authentic information however, the authors and the company expressly disclaim all and any liability to any person who has read this document, or otherwise, in respect of anything, and of consequences of anything done, or omitted to be done by any such person in reliance upon the contents of this document.